As we get older, our skin becomes thinner, more fragile and much less elastic. That, along with lower production of natural oils, dries your skin out and leads to creases and wrinkles. Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process; it’s not something we can stop happening altogether, but with the right care, it is possible to lessen and delay the onset of wrinkles.
With professionals at The New York Laser Clinic, who have specialised in laser hair removal for more than a decade, using medical-grade equipment and have a team of qualified staff, there really is no excuse not to. Here we share our top five natural ways to reduce those pesky wrinkles:
1. Stay Hydrated – keeping your body hydrated is such an easy thing to do! You should be drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. If you prefer some flavour in your water, try coconut water which is full of electrolytes, or green tea which is packed with anti-oxidants. Just make sure to avoid any sugar-packed fizzy drinks like soda or energy drinks.
2. Eat Fruit & Veg – another way to get your anti-oxidants in is to eat them! Dark, leafy greens are great when it comes to picking your vegetables. And as for fruits, blueberries are full of vitamin C – said to boost collagen’s ability to smooth wrinkles as well as enhance your overall skin texture.
3. More Omega 3 – whilst a lot of people try to cut fat out of their diet altogether, good fats are essential in a balanced diet. They can be found in foods like flaxseed and olive oil, critical in keeping your skin plumped and helping to reduce wrinkles.
4. Get Enough Sleep – sleep is a major factor in helping us to stay looking young. Apart from getting enough hours in bed, laying on your back and using silk pillowcases are two great ways to help further prevent wrinkles.
5. Moisturising Mask – concocted with the right ingredients, homemade moisturising masks can work wonders on your skin. A simple combination of lemon juice and honey massaged onto the face provides vitamins E and C which help to keep skin smooth and supple. Aside from that, it’s a great way to have a little you-time and relax after a long day at work.
To find our other alternatives to treating your skin see what else we offer at The New York Laser Clinic: