When you read the back of your bottle of moisturiser, it’s more than likely that you can’t understand or pronounce half of the ingredients that are listed on the packaging. But, for all the chemicals and materials that go into these products, they don’t compare to the most obscure ingredients around.
Here, New York Laser Clinic is revealing five of the strangest skincare ingredients.
- Snail slime – it may sound pretty gross, but snail slime has been shown to contain anti-oxidant properties and can increase the production and enhancement of wound healing. High in hyaluronic acid, snail slime is able to rehydrate the outer layer of the skin, making it the perfect skincare ingredient!
- Donkey milk – according to the stuff of legend (and high school history classes), donkey milk was a personal favourite of the legendary Egyptian queen, Cleopatra. While it may sound like a strange choice, it turns out that she was onto something, with donkey milk containing antibacterial compounds, which reduce skin irritation and redness. Those Egyptians were a smart bunch, weren’t they?
- Saké – widely known for its ability to create a good time rather than good skin, this popular Asian spirit is rich in ferulic acid, an ingredient that can be found in many skincare products and protects the skin from UV rays. Not only will it get you dancing, but also Saké can help prevent wrinkles, sagging skin and spots. All in all, it’s a wonder product!
- Dragon’s blood – fortunately, dragon’s blood is not pulled from an animal… it’s actually a resin pulled from a particular plant species. However, while it may sound pretty violent, dragon’s blood has been used for its antiviral and wound-healing properties.
- Truffle – more commonly used to transform a basic pasta into something much more gourmet, white truffle is also an ingredient that you should be adding into your skincare routine. Rich in fatty and amino acids, truffles help reduce inflammation and repair the skin barrier, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
We provide a variety of different skin care products at The New York Laser clinic that contain ingredients that are results driven to help your skin concerns. Click here to find out more!