For all Laser treatments
- A patch test will be required before treatment to ascertain the skin reaction to the treatment. If the results of the patch test indicate that treatment is unsuitable, the Laser Practitioner will give no further treatment & the client is entitled to a full refund
- Full treatment will only proceed if both the Client and Laser Practitioner are satisfied with the outcome of treatment on the test patch area(s).
- For Candela MGL Alexandrite Lasers a minimum of 6-8 treatments will be required to achieve optimum results. However, more treatments may be needed if there is an underlying medical or genetic condition (e.g. PCOS – Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome).
- You must not expose your skin to (direct) UVA/UVB sunlight. You must wait 4 weeks after sun exposure (this includes walking in the sun) before your next laser treatment, if your skin still has a visible tan, we require you to have another patch test to make sure your settings are still suitable. You can have your laser treatment 2 weeks before any sun exposure. Always wear SPF throughout your laser course and ideally up to a minimum of 4 weeks afterwards, your consultant will recommend what to use as some local retailers sun protection might not give significant protection . Ideally the area should be covered and sun exposure should be avoided. You must inform the Clinic if you have not adhered to the above sun care rules 48 hours prior to your appointment, otherwise the cancellation fee will be charged.
- The area being treated must be fully shaved 24 hours prior to treatment. The Client agrees that she/he will shave the entire area to be lased at least 24 hours before treatment. The Laser Practitioner reserves the right to refuse treatment if the Client has not shaved. In cases of back/buttocks & shoulders where the Client does not have the ability to shave themselves (or be shaved), the treatment will be provided at a charge of £25 per area. However, the Client acknowledges that the provision of this service is at their own risk and may result in extra sensitivity in the skin. No unshaven areas will be treated on the day of your appointment. Any clients who do not adhere to this rule will be subject to the cancellation fee.
- You must inform the clinic if you have been prescribed a course of antibiotics or other medication to discuss your treatment viability – If you are on long standing antibiotics medication you must declare this in your consultation form. You must always inform us 48 hours prior to your appointment if you have been prescribed a course of Antibiotics or other medication, otherwise the cancellation fee will be charged.
- Please do not take Aspirin, Paracetamol or Ibuprofen up to 8 hours prior to your treatment. You must inform us prior to your appointment if you have had to take any of the above medication, otherwise the cancellation fee will be charged.
- No skincare products or treatments that contain active ingredients (e.g. Glycolic acid, AHA, Jessner, TCA, Retinol, Active Vitamin C etc) to be used on the area being treated for 4 weeks before and 2 weeks after laser treatment, including fake tanning products for 2-4 weeks before or after your treatment. You must always inform us 24 hours prior to your appointment; otherwise the cancellation fee will be charged. This is including the use of topical numbing agents.
- Do not use perfume, aerosol or spray products on the area being treated on the day of your treatment.
- The Client understands that laser hair removal will not remove 100% of your hair and that dormant follicles in the future may become active, and hairs can also be stimulated through a number of different occurrences such as hormonal changes or medical conditions/treatment.
- Immediately following treatment, the area may appear reddened and there may be a histamine reaction. It is possible in some cases that blistering may occur. If the Client suffers any adverse reaction, then they must contact the Clinic immediately.
- It is necessary to inform us if you consider your skin to be darker than normal (sun tanned). For Candela lasers, the tan must have fully faded before treatment can recommence. We reserve the right to refuse treatment if we believe your skin is darker than usual and you will incur a cancellation fee.
- NYLC cannot be held responsible if there is any fading to existing tattoos on the area being lased; although the tattoo will be avoided, fading may occur.
- There is a slight risk of scarring with this treatment. However, it is a very rare occurrence and only arises if these guidelines are not followed by the Client
- If a package containing more than one area is bought, then these areas must all be treated in one appointment at the same time unless expressly agreed by management.
- Following treatment, either hypo-pigmentation (lightening of the skin) or hyper-pigmentation (darkening of the skin) may occur. The symptoms are not usually permanent. However, The New York Laser Clinic is unable to guarantee normal pigmentation will return.
- Following treatment there is a risk that the Client may in rare circumstances suffer from Acne. This will be temporary and NYLC will advise how best to minimise and control this if it occurs.
- The Client must declare any changes in their medical condition before each treatment, including any medication that they are/or have been taking. Furthermore, they should declare if they have had no regrowth and delay booking their next appointment until there is regrowth.
Standard Policies for the clinic
- Correct medical information relevant to the treatment should be given on the consultation form. The Laser Practitioner cannot be held responsible for any injury suffered by the Client due to the Client not having provided all relevant medical information.
- The Client must declare any changes in their medical condition before each treatment, including any medication that they are/or have been taking.
- Should you wish to transfer to another clinic during your course of treatment, this will be allowed. However you can only move clinic once.
Photo Policy. We are required by insurance to take before photos of each area we treat. These are taken on company Iphones or digital cameras.
- The photos are stored on an external hard drive with an identification number that is password protected. The photos are wiped from each device by management at the end of each week. The photos are NOT used for training or any other use other than if the client makes a claim against the NYLC. Clients have an option of signing a disclaimer if they do not wish photos to be taken.
- Should you have any fake tan or sun tan on your skin and you have failed to consult with your practitioner the NYLC will not be held responsible, should any pigmentation occur after treatment.
- Please note that we do not offer refunds on courses of treatments, unless on medical grounds with supporting documentation.
- You cannot exchange/transfer treatments or to other clients unless expressed by management.
- Cancellation charges; NYLC has a 24 hour cancellation policy. Should you fail to give us 24 hours’ notice to cancel or change your appointment a £25 fee will be charged for appointments up to 30 minutes, £50 fee for appointments up to 1 hour, £75 fee for anything over this. This must be settled prior to having your treatment. Alternatively, if you have a course(s) of treatments, one will be deducted from your course(s)
- Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to be left alone in the clinic. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We require £50 deposit for doctors, PRP and SPMU treatments. This is redeemable against treatment or refunded if the client has given enough notice before the treatment (24 hours)
- All outstanding payments must be settled before the client can proceed with treatment
- NYLC has the right to refuse treatment if the client is late, NYLC will try to accommodate the client if possible on the same day. However, if this isn’t possible the client will incur the cancellation fee.